Director Product Engineering Industrial Machinery (f/m/x)
TWINNER Group is offering a challenging and pivotal position as Director Product Engineering Industrial Machinery (f/m/d) for its Hardware Division preferably at the location Budapest. Remote setup from Germany with regular visits possible.
TWINNER is a deeply disruptive automotive startup. TWINNER produces Digital Twinns© of cars. The quality is so game changing that decisions can be made without ever physically seeing the car. This includes trading, insuring, financing, inspecting, valuating and moving cars. TWINNER brings transparency and trust to automotive transactions. This changes the mechanics of the entire industry.
We are widely recognized as industry disruptor (e.g. by PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Digital Insurance Agenda, Galileo (Pro7), Autobild). Our clients include globally known brands from the automotive ecosystem. We are operating in Europe and are expanding abroad.
The TWINNER Group consists of over 150 team members in four cities (Halle/Saale, Leipzig, Berlin, Budapest). As in any modern company you will find an empowering, ambitious and dynamic work environment.
Your area of responsibility
- Lead the hardware research and development functions in their entirety (mechanical, electrical, optical, embedded software, local processing)
- Set, measure and review goals for all included functions in alignment with Twinner Group strategy and priority
- Tightly interface with the Software Division (peer), Business Product Management (customer), Fulfilment organization (customer) and C-Suite (UBO) to optimize product, service and process for industrial automotive clients
- Functional deliverables of your organization; technical specifications, solution design, requirements tracking, technology partnerships, patents, version control, vendor vetting, manufacturing templates
- Shared deliverables with Business Product Management; competitor watch, validations and experiments, strategic partnerships, KPI tracking
- KPIs: requirements, time to market, development cost, CAPEX, OPEX, IPR, EOL
- Out of scope; manufacturing, product P&L, user stories, user adoption, value proposition, presales, professional services
- Establish an organization that translates business product requirements effectively and efficiently into technical hardware specifications
- Build technology, systems and processes that produce standardized outputs (via APIs) to be processed by the Software Division
- Implement and maintain world class test systems to ensure reliable hardware runtime (incl. unit, modul, functional, integration and user level tests)
- Constantly navigate between operational, tactical and strategical exercises (“Intrapreneur”)
- Steering of departmental P&L in accordance with Twinner Group financial budgets
- At least10 years of experience with leading distributed teams that produce complex industrial hardware with software elements (firmware)
- 3 years of experience of successfully introducing a new industrial product with heavy SLAs to the market
- Ability to understand and drive technical decisions with a multitude of subject matter experts (optics, ultrasonic, mechatronics, software, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with rapid prototyping, design thinking, lean management
- Relevant skills in designing, prototyping, manufacturing and servicing of hardware components for industrial environments (SLAs with minimal downtime and high penalties)
- Knowledge of software components for industrial machinery (PLCs, SDKs, ECUs)
- Native user of relevant support systems and languages (Atlassian, Git, UML)
- “Full Stack Intrapreneur” – you can work both in the engine and board room
- English (fluent C1/C2), Hungarian (optional), German (optional), European work permit
Besides, you can expect
- Co-create the future of a fast growing and truly disruptive scale-up
- Modern and empowering work environment with personal freedom, along with a highly motivated and skilled team
- International colleagues, clients and partners
- Competitive salary
- Further development of personal skills and professional knowledge
- Well-funded company with a long-term vision
- We welcome all genders, sexes, religions, cultures and ages
Have we sparked your interest? We would love to hear from you soon! Please send us your CV and references via email, Xing or LinkedIn.
You have questions? Do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Please make sure, you have also read our tips and hints to get you started and what you can expect from us. If you still have questions, then do not hesitate to write us!